in a perfect world of yancies: Toy-sharing; and an Endorsement from Across the Pond

31 October 2008

Toy-sharing; and an Endorsement from Across the Pond

Okay, here's a clip of that "I shared my toys" line, from the Daily Show:

Nice line about the Bradley effect too, no?

Speaking of, there was an interesting column in yesterday's Times about implicit bias, along with links to some tests you can try out.

Emily & I came out okay on the Obama/McCain test . . . it's not the most fun 10 minutes ever, but if you do take any of them, feel free to share your results, reader.


Finally, the Economist--a relatively conservative and immensely readable British paper--has followed my lead and "wholeheartedly" endorsed Senator Obama.

Interesting recounting of the issues at stake; worth reading. But just in case, here's the conclusion:

. . . this cannot be another election where the choice is based merely on fear. In terms of painting a brighter future for America and the world, Mr Obama has produced the more compelling and detailed portrait. He has campaigned with more style, intelligence and discipline than his opponent. Whether he can fulfil his immense potential remains to be seen. But Mr Obama deserves the presidency.

2 comments:

  1. My implicit bias results:

    Your data suggest no difference in your automatic preferences for White people vs. Black people

    Your data suggests a strong automatic preference for Barack Obama over John McCain

    Marisa

    (and how appropriate that my word verification is "umshh" which is exactly how I have to keep my opinions in my office!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "umshh" which is exactly how I have to keep my opinions in my office!

    That is brilliant. You have so made my day, Marisa!


    And here's hoping that things go all right on Tuesday & none of us have to umshh anymore!

    ReplyDelete