in a perfect world of yancies: I Can Run!

23 September 2008

I Can Run!


Emily and I arrived early and lined up on Sunday to run in the Fremont Oktoberfest Brew Ha-Ha 5k. And I finished it, too!



They gave us these cute chips, so my better-than-expected-even-if-less-than-stellar time was very accurately recorded:
I finished in 26:17. 241st place! Woo!


Emily was right behind me, at 26:23.
Before you start worrying about how I got in front of her, please note that she was 22nd out of the 150 women ages 30-39, whereas I was 55th out of the 124 30-39 year-old dudes. Healthy bit of perspective, that.

Complete results here.


Here's an action shot:

Cloudy, yes, but luckily (?) it didn't start raining until after the race.


But that didn't stop us from sampling some of the beer at the Oktoberfest.

I hope you like that cute mug as much as I do.



I did feel a little bad for the people who had to fill them . . .



Cheers, reader.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun—and what a clever name for the event!

    Congratulations, Emily!

    cmd

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little mug is positively ADORABLE!

    Kudos to both of you!

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete