in a perfect world of yancies: Special Deliveries

22 February 2012

Special Deliveries

Franklin's First FedEx Delivery
Not only did Franklin receive this adorable Baby Bunch yesterday, but the package was even addressed to him. Too cute!

The most touching part, for me, was my sister including one of my very favorite quotations on the card:
Welcome to Earth
From the eminently quotable God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater.

Thanks Grandma Christine, Aunt Merrica, and Aunt Dorothy!

Speaking of deliveries, I know some of you are curious about the Group Health Family Beginnings Birth Center. Here are a couple of shots of our awesome suite:
Labor and Delivery Suite

Labor and Delivery Suite

My only real regret concerning EJ's birthday is that I had to miss the event I'd organized for my colleague William H. Smith in celebration of the publication of his book. I heard it went very well, and he put up a nice blog post about the event.

All right, reader, it's time for me to make breakfast for our recovering Mommy. In the meantime, here are some recent shots of our beautiful baby boy:
Cuddle Time

Jen was one of his first visitors:
Jen and Franklin
Thanks also to Laura and Kascha for visiting and bringing more supplies!

My Two Favorite People

Nice Socks!

Beautiful Eyes

5 comments:

  1. What a cute kid!!! I love the picture of cuddle time! I'm happy the baby bunch was a hit, it looks really nice. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pics of all. they speak to LOVE !

    We appreciate seeing these.

    --dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. These wonderful photos literally brought tears of joy to my eyes!!!

    Love, Grandma Christine X :) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I've got it: Rodin's "The Thinker"!!! (I knew the first photo reminded me of something...) Gma C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you three—can't wait until he gets to meet you all!

    ReplyDelete