in a perfect world of yancies: Killer Scenery

09 April 2011

Killer Scenery

After almost four years in Seattle we finally made it up to the UW quad during cherry blossom season. None of my pictures come close, but I do like this one:
Emily & Cherry Blossoms
Those trees have a sort of interesting history, which was written up in the UW alumni mag a few years ago.

Also had the chance to hike and walk around Discovery Park today. No pictures, but how about a map?
All that courtesy of a pretty cool new app for my phone: Nike+ GPS, which tells me how far I've walked or run, and even tells me where I was!

Speaking of Discovery Park, it was the scene of a recent murder--a fictional murder, but still an exciting story. Here's a trailer:

The Killing is set in Seattle, and it got a strong review in the Times, so we had to check it out. Seems promising so far (except for the thunder--I mean, we don't get that kind of rain here!). Looking forward to episode two.

I'm also looking forward to hearing from you soon, reader.
Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. Breathtaking photo! And fascinating history... Hope the trees last for many years to come. Interesting series, though I'm not sure I'm brave enough to watch it.

    Mom D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what this'll do to your courage, but the most recent episode seemed to get the local rain right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and this just in: a local news site has a great piece on the version of Seattle portrayed on the show. Lunch with a sea otter? I love it!

    ReplyDelete