in a perfect world of yancies: Gardens and Shadows

25 March 2009

Gardens and Shadows

You probably heard about it already, but I just loved this Times story about the Obama's planting a vegetable garden at the White House.

Some local children helping Michelle start the garden.

Such a great idea! Fresh, local food. So jealous! We signed up for a plot in the community garden around the corner from our apartment building, but the wait is 4-5 years . . . guess now I'll really have to find a way to hang onto this job!

Curious about the details of the presidential pea patch? The White House blog post about the garden offers a pdf file of the planned layout. Looks delicious!
Love those Obama's!


On a totally unrelated note, I think I've figured out the copyright situation on my forthcoming paper on Plato (and I think I've caught all the typos!), so if you wanted to read it, there's a link up on my Seattle U page.

Enjoy! And please feel free to share any thoughts or ask any questions that come up!


Speaking of Plato, I should probably get going & try to do a little reading before Emily gets home & our 4.5-day Spring Break begins. (Yay!)

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. A 4-5 year wait?!

    Have a grand time on your break!

    ReplyDelete