in a perfect world of yancies: where I've been

23 October 2006

where I've been


A couple weeks ago, we had a great time in Lawrence. We stayed with Haley (pictured with Deron above), and had fun seeing all sorts of friends, like Jesse (not pictured), Aaron (not pictured), Tom and Rodd (not pictured), Scott James (not pictured), and Nathan (not pictured). Yeah, not so many pictures. . . . You'll have to take my word for it--it was a blast.

Okay, fine, one picture did surface:

Jesse, Haley, Deron, Nathan, Emily

Now, I do have a few pictures from Chicago this past weekend, but they're phone pics, so you may wish I left it at "not pictured."

Why Chicago? Chris (shaking my hand, above) will soon be fortunate enough to wed Carrie, so we got together for a night on the town
("bachelor party"? that seems to misrepresent things, though I can't deny that we happened to catch Phoebe Cates' topless scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High--the movie was playing, for reasons beyond my control, at around 1am at the bar Lemmings)

anyway . . .

We began the evening at the Smoke Daddy (pictured above, with Deron), a fun place with live blues and great barbeque.
Were joined by Trace and Sam, with whom I hadn't had such fun (such trumpery?) in years, and some nice fellows from the neighborhood.


At Lemmings (post Ridgemont High, I think)


The brothers Lee.


And what better way to wake up than by seeing Carrie with a pumpkin not much bigger than a quarter?

Disjointed, blurry, and incomplete--but here's my post for the week.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment