in a perfect world of yancies: A Mass of Graduates

16 June 2008

A Mass of Graduates

Okay, I'm still grading, so I can't write up the posts that Dave I's visit, my multiple dinners at Quinn's, or the farmers market deserve, so I'm just doing a quick post on SU's Commencement.

(And actually, there's more I'll need to say about that too, especially since the Sisters that Emily works with were honored . . .)

Anyway, here you go:

First there was the Baccalaureate Mass on Saturday at St James Cathedral





Then there was the giant, four-hour ceremony at Qwest Field (look--now I'm sitting where the Brazilian National Team was the other day! and you can see my seat for that game: top left)







On a totally unrelated note, I really like this song lately, and I'm not sure why it took me like five years to realize how good it is . . .

Stars, "Elevator Love Letter"

2 comments:

  1. You Catholics do run late, I have been done for a month and have already been to Rome and caught mess of trout in Minnesota.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does this mean I should start saying "you Methodists" now?

    If it makes you feel any better, we don't start again until 24 September.

    Trout in Minnesota, huh? I'd have thought the lakes would still be frozen this early in the spring . . .

    ReplyDelete